- virtual entities and avatars endowed with perception and action abilities, thanks to AI & AL algorithms, able to interact with the virtual environment, and with spectators/actors using interactive and immersive technologies, virtual augmented or mixed reality.
- we investigate the spectator’s participation in new aesthetic perspectives related to several themes such as the uncanny valley, the autonomy, the enaction theory, the empathy, etc.
- videogame narration aimed at translating interactive sensations specific to video games ;
- the expression of body and multisensory sensibilities (sense of movement,
- haptics, touch, vision, hearing, etc.) in the video game ;
- the influence of industry on the creative thinking of video games by taking a critical look ;
- the possibility of an alternative approach to consider videogame art as a means of contemporary artistic expression in close relation with the visual arts and the body arts.
Axe 4 : Tangible/intangible heritage : preservation, digitization, restitution and transmission
This axis studies :
- the preservation of digital artworks and the process of creation/reception of works,
- as well as the missions and know-how of heritage in the context of museum institutions.
- Safeguarding cultural heritage through the digitization, the three-dimensional restitution archaeological sites, the design of artistic experience and the mediation ;
- the primitive memory by a practice of “re-enactement” which interrogates and returns to a “primitive” memory by putting artistic performance at the heart of action research.
→ The INREV team is structured around these lines of research in connection with the teaching of the Master Digital Creation : “Course of Arts and Technologies of Virtual Image” and the Franco-Hellenic Joint Master “Arts and Virtual Reality multi-user course” (From the ATI department).